Democracy Arsenal

« Is McCain Against Taking Out Al-Libi? | Main | Great Minds Thinking Alike »

February 20, 2008

McCain's Pakistan Confusion
Posted by Michael Cohen

In John McCain's victory speech this evening he made a rather startling attack on Barack Obama accusing him of "confused leadership" and "inexperience" because he "once suggested bombing our ally Pakistan."

What's really stunning about this rhetorical broadside is that the Washington Post revealed today this is precisely what the Bush Administration did last month. In a predawn attack on January 29th a Predator aircraft killed Abu Laith al-Libi, a senior Al Qaeda lieutenant - and it did so without the cooperation and permission of the Pakistani government.

Having requested the Pakistani government's official permission for such strikes on previous occasions, only to be put off or turned down, this time the U.S. spy agency did not seek approval. The government of Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf was notified only as the operation was underway, according to the officials, who insisted on anonymity because of diplomatic sensitivities.

Is John McCain going to criticize the Bush Administration for "bombing Pakistan?" Something tells me that ain't going to happen. In fact, this type of limited attack, based on actionable intelligence is exactly what Obama suggested in a speech last Fall.

Do you think maybe McCain and his staff should read the FRONT PAGE of the Washington Post before they launch an attack like this?

TrackBack

TrackBack URL for this entry:
http://www.typepad.com/services/trackback/6a00d83451c04d69e200e5506e5a4d8834

Listed below are links to weblogs that reference McCain's Pakistan Confusion:

Comments

I hate to be over-confident, but I honestly think Obama is going to clean McCain's clock in the fall. It's no accident that McCain finished near the bottom of his class at Annapolis.

I also think McCain is a person who was once a Republican star, but whose time has passed - and that McCain even sees himself that way. He convinced himself to go through the electoral motions one more this year, but his heart isn't really in the fight, and he only appears to give a shit about 60% of the time. The other 40% of the time he is likely to say just about anything as he contemplates the Grim Reaper. I often wonder whether he really even wants to win, or if he sees the Presidency as a unpleasantly grueling chore for a man who should have retired a few years ago to one of those vaunted retirement villages in his home state.

Welcome to our game world, my friend asks me to buy some wakfu gold . I do not know how to use the wakfu money ; my friend tells me how to use. I will thank for my friends bringing me in this world. I am not regret to buy wakfu kama . We all love game, if you want to play it, please buy wakfu kamas and join us. Please do not hesitate to have game.

When you have aoc gold, you will become strong. With conan gold, you can upgrade and admire by others. You can use age of conan gold to start the journey of the world. So, do not hesitate, let us move to buy cheap aoc gold

Buy metin2 gold is already become the essential thing in my life. So I will introduce my friends have the Cheap metin2 gold , we can be consist of a group, it must be very interesting.

You can change a lot Perfect World Silver for play games. Playing online games can make much Perfect World money.

Besides, my friends usually give me some 2moon dil. I usually buy 2moons dil through Internet and advice from my friends.

You can change a lot Perfect World Silver for play games.

vYou can change a lot Perfect World Silver for play games.

Thank you for your sharing! I like i very much!

The comments to this entry are closed.

Emeritus Contributors
Subscribe
Sign-up to receive a weekly digest of the latest posts from Democracy Arsenal.
Email: 
Powered by TypePad

Disclaimer

The opinions voiced on Democracy Arsenal are those of the individual authors and do not represent the views of any other organization or institution with which any author may be affiliated.
Read Terms of Use